The BAP Credit Bureau, Inc. was established by the Bankers Association of the Philippines (BAP) in March 1990 initially to facilitate the exchange of credit information among member banks and eventually to provide relevant credit information services for all member banks.The Bureau is empowered to undertake the following functions:
- Collate, develop and analyze credit information on individuals, institutions and all types of business;
- Develop and undertake the continuing exchange of credit information among member banks and subscribers;
- Provide an impartial source of credit information for debtors, creditors and the public;
- Provide its members and subscribers credit reports and references;
- Undertake industry and market studies and surveys in support of credit analysis, credit information generation and securities rating; and
- Publish, print and distribute newsletters, journals, books and periodicals and other printed matter containing surveys, research, evaluation and other information useful to the member banks and the business community.