The Bank Marketing Association of the Philippines or BMAP is an organization of banking institutions which seeks to upgrade the practice of bank marketing in the country.BMAP was organized on February 27, 1974. It was duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 19, 1974 as a non-stock, non-profit organization. It has grown into a membership of some 46 banking institutions over the last 25 years.BMAP has the following objectives:
- To develop, support, and implement educational programs so that those engaged in bank marketing may advance their professional skills and abilities.
- To develop, support, and implement training programs to promote the marketing concept among bank personnel at all levels.
- To devise and exectuate methods of determining and satisfying public needs and to continue improvement of relations with the public served by the banking institutions.
- To collect and disseminate information for the use of the banking community in the furtherance of these objectives.
- To provide opportunities for the exchange of information through meetings and seminars, and through cooperation with other related associations, agencies, and societies.
- To undertake such other programs and activities as may be proper to enhance and promote the welfare of the banking industry, the profession of bank marketing and the social and economic priorities of our country.